Thursday 16 August 2012

Finally Have Gonads to CC

I am looking for articles (or other sources of information) on "cold calling" and telesales of leading insurance companies:
1. sales methods.
2. rates of success.
can anyone help?
Thanks,
Ron

So I've decided not to purchase $30 psychological crutches anymore, and finally grew the balls to make the calls.

Put in my first hour this afternoon -- made something like 25 or so contacts, 0 appointments, and 150 or so calls (something like that).


I'm really leading with MedSupp and/or burial insurance. I know most lead with one, but I thought I'd give it a try.


Don't know what I need help with and don't know if I got enough data to make any fair judgements, but here's the script:


"Hey... is Stan in? Hey Stan, Dave Rearden here.... I'm calling because, I'm kinda curious. <pause> You wouldn't know anyone who's paying, an arm and a leg, for Medicare Supplement insurance OR, anyone who fees like they need more burial insurance, would you?"


(Strangely-placed punctuation is done to capture the cadence of how I speak.)


They say "no" -- I hang up. I don't rebuttal because I figure if someone gets a rate increase or feels like they pay too much, they'll raise their hands and say YA THAT'S ME alright!


I'll take anyone's constructive criticism. And if anyone knows how to record calls in Mojo, I'll be happy to upload them for your review.

No comments:

Post a Comment